All Saints encourages our members and visitors to spend time each day in God's Word. To assist in this, we provide the worship guide below for individuals or families. It provides a brief prompt Monday through Wednesday to consider the passage that was preached the previous Sunday and then on Thursday and Friday to begin reading the passage for the coming Sunday. We hope this will make our time together in worship each week that much more impactful.
All Saints Family Worship Guides
- Frequently Asked Questions about Family Worship
- Pastor Matt's Blog Post announcing the Family Worship Initiative (April 16, 2020)
- Pastoral Letter from the Session encouraging family worship (April 18, 2020)
Books for Beginners (all links are to Amazon.com)
- Family Worship Bible Guide edited by Joel Beeke
This is a very simple book that offers a paragraph or two of explanation and devotion on every chapter of the Bible. It’s very easy to simply read the entry from this book before or after reading the text in our guide. It’s not a book about family worship, but one to help you during family worship.
- A Neglected Grace: Family Worship in the Christian Home by Jason Helopoulos
This is the primary book we are recommending for an introduction to family worship—what it is, why we do it, and how to do it well. It includes encouragements from people in all stages of life!
- Family Worship by Joel Beeke
An excellent and brief little book that looks at the biblical basis for family worship, how to do it, motivations to do it, and answers to the objections against it.
- One Year of Dinner Table Discussions and Discussion Starters by Nancy Guthrie
An excellent resource for helping you start spiritual discussions with your family.
Books for Those Wanting to Go Deeper (all links are to Amazon.com)
- Thoughts on Family Worship by James W. Alexander
This is similar to A Neglected Grace, but written almost 200 years ago. It includes a history of the practice of family worship and then several chapters on the various blessings that family worship brings.